2018-09-22 13:26 - ONGOING
Triolith, Sigma down!
A problem with NSC Centre Storage means Tetralith and Sigma are not available. It appears to be the same problem that happened on Wednesday. We're still working with the storage system vendor to diagnose and fix the problem. You can expect that Tetralith and Sigma will be unavailable until at least Monday lunch. We will email all users when the systems are back online.
Please note: this is a manually updated message.
We will try to update this message when we have major user-visible problems on any of our systems. We also provide information via email to all users of affected systems (via the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing lists).
If something is not working, please don't hesitate to contact us even if this message says that everything is working! Sometimes we forget to update this page when we're busy investigating a major problem...
Recently resolved problems
- 2018-09-19 08:00 CEST - 2018-09-19 11:50 CEST: Due to a problem with NSC Centre Storage, our clusters Tetralith, Triolith, Sigma and Gamma were unavailable. Some filesystem accesses hung from 2018-09-18 20:00 CEST.
- 2018-09-08 06:23 CEST - 2018-09-10 18:00 CEST: Due to a problem with NSC Centre Storage, our clusters Tetralith, Triolith, Sigma and Gamma were unavailable.
- 2018-09-05 21:50 - 2018-09-06 14:30: Due to a problem with NSC Centre Storage, our clusters Tetralith, Triolith, Sigma and Gamma were unavailable.
- 2018-08-21 00:08-15:50 CEST: Triolith and Gamma unavailable. A storage system hang affected Triolith and Gamma. All running jobs failed.
- 2018-08-13 12:22 - approx. 13:05 CEST: Problems with Triolith login nodes, they crashed repeatedly. We believe this problem was related to a file system driver, and should be resolved now.
- May to December 2018: Triolith, Gamma, Tetralith and Sigma will be unavailable (a couple of times, 1-7 days at a time) to perform testing, benchmarks etc for our new generation of systems. All such maintenance windows will be announced to users as early as possible, at least one week in advance.
Queue system status
An overview of the overall system load is available on the status page.
Graphical representations of the current queue on some of our systems: