Work at the international forefront with High Performance Computers and applications at NSC
National Supercomputer Centre (NSC), at Linköping University, is the leading supercomputer centre in Sweden. We develop and run High Performance Computer systems for academic users all over Sweden and our partners SMHI and Saab AB.
At NSC, you will have the opportunity to work at the front line with world-leading computer systems, large-scale storage and applications from a wide variety of different research areas.
LINKÖPINGS UNIVERSITET, NSC
is currently seeking a
We are looking for an individual with a proven track record as a Computational Scientist. The computer resources at NSC are used by research groups all over Sweden within different areas such as physics, chemistry, bioinformatics, fluid dynamics and meteorology/climatology. NSC is also involved in several EU projects within these areas.
• Work with application scientists to make sure their applications function well in the NSC environment, including error tracking, code tuning and optimisation.
• Participate in the EU project IS-ENES, aiming at creating a European infrastructure for Earth System Modelling (ESM), working with optimisation of climate modelling applications.
• Serve as a liaison between NSC and the users of our computational resources at the university and our partners SMHI and Saab.
• Investigate users’ needs and do strategic planning for decision-making regarding future computational and storage resources at NSC.
• Organise dissemination activities, such as seminars, courses and web-based documentation within the area.
The successful candidate has education within numerical analysis, computer sciences, scientific computing, and related areas within the fields of technology and/or natural sciences, preferably with focus on geophysical modelling.
• Application areas within high-performance parallel computing
• Numerical algorithms for scientific calculations
• Parallel algorithms
• Performance analysis/tuning/ optimisation and error tracking of parallel applications.
• Script languages in Unix/Linux environment
Further experience that would be meriting:
• Work with ESMs on parallel computers
• Software development in large projects
• Hybrid (MPI+OpenMP) programming
• Linux clusters.
• Coupled models.
The candidate must have very good knowledge of the English language and preferably a working knowledge of Swedish. Good written and verbal communication skills for internal and external interactions and presentations.
LiU shall continue to develop as an attractive and creative work place characterised by equal opportunities, and therefore works actively to promote diversity and gender equality. A majority of the technical experts within NSC are men, which is why precedence will be given to women in cases where qualifications are deemed otherwise equivalent.
The university applies individual salaries according to the applicant’s competence and the market. Please notify your salary desires in the application.
Director of NSC, Bengt Persson, tel +46-13-282536, e-mail email@example.com. The union representatives are Håkan Johanson (SACO/CF), tel +46-13-28 10 59, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and Ing-Britt Mattfolk (OFR/S), tel +46-13-28 17 39, e-mail email@example.com. Human Resources, Ulrica Larsson, tel +46-13-28 10 38, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, gives information regarding terms of employment and the formal procedures.
Your application marked with the corresponding Registration number LiU-2008/04347 accompanied by a list of your personal qualifications and other documents you may wish to refer to, must reach the University Registrar no later than 30 November 2008 at the following address:
SE-581 83 LINKÖPING