Upgraded Programming Environment on T3E
On November 22, 1999, we upgraded the programming
environment on the T3E at NSC. This included all compilers
as well as CrayTools and CrayLibs.
We were running PrgEnv 3.1.0 and moved directly
to PrgEnv 3.3.0.
The old Programming Environment is still available and
you can switch to it out by doing the following command:
module switch PrgEnv PrgEnv.3.1.0
and switch back by doing:
module switch PrgEnv.3.1.0 PrgEnv
We encourage you not to use the old Programming
Now PrgEnv.3.3.0 is the default and the
old PrgEnv.3.1.0 will only be kept for a limited time.
The Message Passing Toolkit (MPT), Network Queuing Environment (NQE),
and Cray Visualization Toolkit (CVT) are NOT affected by this upgrade.
Below are the most significant changes that are done with this
upgrade. For further information, see the online documentation
- The CF90 now supports the modified Fortran trigonometric functions
that accept arguments in degrees rather than radians.
- Variable names with leading underscores accepted with the -eQ
- Message level change, -M option.
- Directory specification for module files in Fortran.
- The assign command now accepts the -F global option for global layers.
- Comments that begin with an exclamation point (!) are recognized in
NAMELIST input records.
New options (-y, -S, -W and -U) on the assign command control the NAMELIST
and list-directed output statements.
- Edit descriptor changes
- Fortan 95 features added
- New CPU_TIME intrinsic (Part of Fortran 95)
- Additional run-time check enhancements.
- ftpp replaced with integrated preprocessor.
- Support for FORM="SYSTEM" in OPEN and INQUIRE statements.
- Totalview line mode enhancements
- Since ftpp is now replaced with an integrated preprocessor,
the -Wp flag is no longer supported.
Example: instead of
-Wp"-P -F $(DOPTNS)"
you would now write:
- Users of Co-Array Fortran are encouraged to continue using
PrgEnv.3.1.0. Cray is investigating a halting problem.